CAIRN TERRIER BREEDER AND DOG TRAINER:
Jan Morgan has been a dog owner for almost 30 years. Ever since her first Golden Retriever came home from obedience school in 1978, a proud winner of the first place trophy, dog training has been a labour of love and dedication.
Jan has been training professionally since 1991. She is a certified professional trainer, having achieved the title IPDTA-CDT. She is a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers U.S. (APDT), Canadian Kennel Club (CKC), Cairn Terrier Club of Canada (CTCC) , Cairn Terrier Club of America (CTCA), the International Positive Dog Trainers Association (IPDTA) and the Pet Professional Guild – The Association for Force Free Pet Professionals (PPG).
Jan spent many years working in the canine industry as a veterinary pharmaceutical representative. In 1997, she was able to devote her full time efforts to PAWS-ITIVE PUPPIES. Her puppy school is now recommended by veterinary clinics and breeders as a great beginning to a successful relationship with your dog!
- served as Membership Secretary, Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers, 1999 – 2005
- currently working as Education Chair, Cairn Terrier Club of Canada, OER
- served as Regional Superintendent with the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program
- independently organized a successful canine visitation program for four years at a local seniors’ residence
- has attended dog behaviour educational conferences through Guelph University, CAPPDT and Professional Animal Behaviour Associates since 1991
- seminars attended include: Dr. R.K. Anderson, Terry Ryan, Dr. Pamela Reid, Gary Wilkes, Dr. Ian Dunbar, Karen Pryor, Jean Donaldson, Brian Kilcommons, Gary Priest, Dr. Nicholas Dodman, Dr. Gary Landsberg, Dr. Wayne Hunthausen, Dr. Andrew Luescher, Dr. Donal McKeown, Roger Abrantes, Dr. Peter Neville, Dr. John Fisher, Dr. Bruce Fogle, Stanley Coren, Dr. Suzanne Hetts, Dr. Sopha Yin
- designed an elementary school canine education program and organized volunteer participation – Paws ‘n Pals
- worked as assistant to Dr. Pamela Reid and Dr. Jennifer Messer, Nathan Penny, Professional Animal Behaviourists, 1996 – 2009
- has presented many educational seminars to schools, senior groups and retirement residences
- currently staff puppy behaviour specialist at Oshawa Animal Hospital
CAIRN TERRIER BREEDER:
Jan discovered the joys of Terrier ownership in 1991. Her first litter was born in 1995. She has bred and shown many Cairns under the partnership kennel of Rosemorlin, with her mentor, Linda Kettlewell, Linwell Cairns Reg’d. Cabaret Cairns is a new, independent beginning, as of 2003.
Jan is a member of The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC), the Cairn Terrier Club of Canada (CTCC), the Cairn Terrier Club of America (CTCA) and the Cairn Terrier Association of Ontario (CTAO).
Jan in the Media —
Jan has been featured as a professional trainer and breeder with both CTV News and Local News Stations.